Golf 

Read More

Dining

Read More

Tennis

Read More

Swimming

Read More

Club Life


About Us


Midland Country Club was founded in April of 1927 when 84 residents of Midland purchased stock shares at $200 per share to establish the Club.  Today, with over 80 years of history, the Club has developed many great traditions.  We take pride in maintaining these traditions as we move into our exciting future.

The Club was originally located in "Old Midland" just north of the downtown area and featured a 9-hole golf course with sand greens and a clubhouse that served the city of Midland with its 5,000 residents.

In the early 1950's the Club's leadership had a vision for a larger, more modern facility that included an 18 hole championship course, a 40,000 square foot state of the art clubhouse, and swim and tennis facilities.  The rest is history.  The 18-hole Ralph Plummer designed-golf course opened in 1951, and has held the test of time being the site of many major Texas tournaments, including hosting the PGA Tour – Web.com event.

Since the move to the Club's present location, the Club has flourished with the golf course recognized as the only West Texas course consistently ranked in the top 50 courses in Texas and in the top 25 most challenging.  The course has been the host to the 1955 Ryder Cup Challenge Matches, two Men's and two Women's State Amateur Championships, two Trans-Miss Championships, and home for the PGA Tour Nationwide Golf Classic.  The Club's tennis and swimming facilities have also, historically, been the best that West Texas has to offer and a key component of MCC's commitment to a total Country Club experience. The Club also features state of the art athletic facilities comprised of locker rooms  and lounges, a co-ed fitness center, men's steam bath and Golf Pro Shop.

Throughout the 80+ year history, Midland Country Club has played a very important role as a social center in the community with emphasis on junior activities. Several national youth championships have been hosted by Midland Country Club throughout its history and the Club has had ties with High School golf in Midland since the first organized team match in 1947.  Junior programs for golf, tennis, and swim provide multi level instruction for youth from beginner to aspiring collegiate athletes.

The Club has been blessed with many notable and distinguished members including two Presidents, George H.W. and George W. Bush; Former Secretary of Commerce Donald L. Evans; and LPGA Hall of Fame Member Judy Rankin.